Monday, November 7, 2022

All of the Above Trail Fest

The first weekend in November was WARM this year. I mean, really warm. Which worked out well for the first-year All of the Above Trail Fest at Berkshire East, the ski area in Charlemont, MA. The race started on a ski slope by the lodge and climbed singletrack trail in the woods to the top of Mt. Institute, then wound around all over the place on a mix of singletrack, snowmobile trails, woods roads, and dirt roads. For me it was tough, it was sweaty, and it was a total blast. 

The event was created to promote greater inclusivity in the running community, and it felt great to support it. I’m not sure who all was there, but I know I ran many miles with Tom Davidson, Donna Utakis, and Alex Wirth-Cauchon; was handed my bib by Matt Czaplinski (who also raced); was greeted by Kristin Loiko in full costume; and high-fived my RD pal Amy Rusiecki at the finish. For much more information, check out Beast Coast Trail Running’s website here

finishing the AotA trail run (photo by Jen Garrett)

No comments:

Post a Comment