Monday, October 11, 2021

2021 Monroe Dunbar Race Photos

Every few years I hit the trail along Dunbar Brook at Monroe State Forest up in the northwest corner of Massachusetts for the annual trail race there. Sometimes I run it, sometimes I take photos, and every so often I miss it entirely. There used to be a stream crossing about a mile from the finish; I got some absolutely epic shots there over the years (see 2018 shots here, for example), but a new bridge has been installed and it's no longer quite the dramatic adventure moment it once was. This year I tried shooting at a new location, and man I gotta say some of the pics are just iconic of the race. It was a really small field this year (hopefully just due to Covid and the generally ultra-laid-back nature of the event; they essentially never advertise or promote it), but it was really cool to see a bunch of friends out there running with their young kids. 














the potholes up near the top of Dunbar Brook Trail

See all of my 2021 Monroe Dunbar Brook Trail Race photos here at Ben Kimball Photography

No comments:

Post a Comment