Wednesday, December 17, 2014

My Best 2014 Race Photos



As Northeast Race Photo, I took pictures at about 30 races in 2014. The number was drastically down from last year, for several reasons. For one thing, I took a part-time editing job in Hadley, which took up a good chunk of time and energy. Also, it's a tough gig. The processing time required for race photos is substantial, and from a financial perspective it doesn't really pay off. It's really more of a labor of love than an actual job (though I really do love doing it and am still trying to figure out ways to make it pay off). And lastly, I spent a LOT of time and energy on a little passion project that is just about ready to come to fruition; here's a little tease for anyone paying attention and curious (I promise the link is legitimate).

As with last year's version, it's impossible to create a truly "best of" album since there's so many variables for what it would be the "best" of. So, again forgoing any attempt at objectivity, here's my totally subjective Best of 2014 album:


If you have a favorite shot from any of the 2014 Northeast Race Photo galleries, and you think it belongs in the Best Of gallery, please drop me a line with the link to it and I'll gladly add it to the album. 

It was a lot of hard work, but I'm really pleased with the galleries for most of the races I took photos at in the past year. I'm planning to keep shooting at races in 2015, so stay strong, look sharp, and happy racing in the coming year, my tribe. Cheers!

Here's a sampling from the album:




 












No comments:

Post a Comment